Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Barrett
An introduction to the diverse language and culture of a global industrial giant. Pathways are being developed through to Year 13.
During this option students will be able to do the following in Chinese:
- introduce themselves and others
- discuss ages, birthdays, and other topics relating to numbers
- ask and answer about likes and dislikes
- recognise and begin to write in hanzi, the Chinese script
- learn about, make, and eat Chinese food
- inquire into Chinese traditional and contemporary culture
This option runs for approximately 10 weeks. It will take place across one of the four terms in the school year.
It is the policy of Tauranga Boys’ College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.