Teacher in Charge: Mr C. Hays
This course introduces students to key financial literacy required in society today, like budgeting, saving, investing for retirement, debt and financial planning. It also offers an introduction to Economics, Accounting, and Business Studies. Students will learn the key concepts of each course that are required for further study at a senior level, and will be given an opportunity to plan and run a small business activity.
Accounting for Individuals
- preparing budgets for households
Accounting for Business
- preparing income statements and balance sheets for businesses
- assignment involving using a decision making model to choose a holiday
- studying how markets work
- Preparing a business plan for a small business.
It is the policy of Tauranga Boys’ College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.