Year 13 in 2021
All Year 13 students select six subjects, or five plus study or semester options.
· It is crucial that you give serious thought to your academic aims and select courses to suit. Involve your parents, tutor and teachers in your choice.
* You can only study at NCEA Level 3 in a subject if you meet the ENTRY requirements. If you did not take a pathway course at Level 2, or achieved fewer than 14 credits in that course, you will need HOD approval. Otherwise you should consider studying at Level 2 again.
- A year 13 programme has this structure:
Option 1. 5 periods
Option 2. 5 periods
Option 3. 5 periods
Option 4. 5 periods
Option 5. 5 periods
Option 6. 5 periods
Typical programmes of study:
For example, you could take:
6 Level 3 subjects OR
4 Level 3 and 2 Level 2 subjects OR
3 Level 3 and 3 Level 2 subjects OR
Entrance to University and Polytechnic
· Different Universities and Polytechs may have different entrance requirements, and within a University, different degree programmes may also have different entrance requirements. It is always advisable to contact the particular tertiary provider for confirmation.
· U.E. is the minimum required by most Universities and Polytechnic’s for degree entrance-level courses:
· U.E is gained by a combination of:
i. Level 3 NCEA plus
ii. U.E. Literacy plus
iii. L1 Numeracy plus
iv. At least 14 credits in three approved L3 subjects.
· Students must see Mr Meys if they are in any doubt regarding the entrance requirements for particular University courses.
Need additional help?
* Ask your subject teacher or Form Teacher
* Ask the Head of Department
* Ask one of the Student Liaison staff: Ms Jones, Mr Meys, or Mrs Wallace-Boyd.
* Ask the year-group Tutor.