10 Agricultural and Horticultural Science
Teacher in Charge: Mr I. Davie
A practical introduction to the Horticultural and Agricultural industry in New Zealand.
How Science is being applied to Horticulture and Agriculture.
In this course you will grow and sell your own produce.
- Growing plants from cuttings and seeds.
- Growth, care, harvest, storage and supply of a crop for sale.
- Soil Science and plant nutrition.
- Potential fields trips to an orchard, farm and marketing company.
- Applied science to crop production.
Overivew of Horticulture and Agriculture in New Zealand with potential out of school field visits to see commerical orchard or farm. Selling your own product that you have grown.
Propagation by seeds, cuttings and tissue culture. Introduction to apiculture (bees). Learn how science is applied to growing plants and animals.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
IB8 Exercise book
- Open Entry.
- A proven record of self management is required given safety issue and need to work outside independently.
Agricultural/Horticultural, Farming, Horticulture, Forestry, Arboriculture, Viticulture., Agricultural/Horticultural Scientist, Beekeeper, Arborist, Biosecurity Officer, Farm Worker, Crop Worker, Crop Farmer/Crop Manager, Forest Manager, Forestry and Logging Worker, Landscaper, Agricultural Field Representative, Groundsperson, Nursery Grower/Worker, Packhouse Worker, Quarantine Officer, Agricultural Technician, Statistician, Technician, Farmer/Farm Manager, Health and Safety Adviser,
It is the policy of Tauranga Boys’ College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.