This course requires 2 options.
Agricultural and Horticultural Science - Level 2
Teacher in Charge: Mr I. Davie
A level 2 achievement standard course that covers Horticultural and Agricultural science.
Areas covered include:
- Advanced plant propagation techniques.
- Extended investigation.
- Physical factors affecting growth.
- Plant management practices.
- Advanced propagation techniques.
- Livestock reproductive technologies.
- Grower and commercial visits.
- Hamilton Fieldays visit.
Commercial propagation and an extended investigation. Field visit to a commercial propagator and marketing company.
Techniques used to modifiy the physical environment that are used in commercial primary production.
Environmental impact from primary production. Plant management practices or livestock reproductive technologies.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
IB8 exercise book
Field trip fees
- 12 level 1 credits in any Science subject or by prior permission from TIC.
- A proven record of self management is required given the need to work outside of the classroom, use of commerical tools and off site visits.
- If a student demonstrates value for this subject, an alternative pathway that consists Unit Standards can be offerred.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.
Term: 1, Week: 7
Term: 3, Week: 8
Term: 1, Week: 6
Term: 3, Week: 5
Term: 3, Week: 5
Term: 2, Week: 7
Agricultural/Horticultural, Farming, Horticulture, Forestry, Arboriculture, Viticulture., Agricultural/Horticultural Scientist, Beekeeper, Arborist, Biosecurity Officer, Farm Worker, Crop Worker, Crop Farmer/Crop Manager, Forest Manager, Forestry and Logging Worker, Landscaper, Agricultural Field Representative, Groundsperson, Nursery Grower/Worker, Packhouse Worker, Quarantine Officer, Agricultural Technician, Statistician, Technician, Farmer/Farm Manager, Health and Safety Adviser,
It is the policy of Tauranga Boys’ College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.