Teacher in Charge: Ms S. Barrett
An introduction to the fascinating language and culture of one of New Zealand’s most important trading partners. Offered through to Year 13.
During this option students will be able to do the following in Japanese:
- introduce themselves and others
- discuss ages, birthdays, and other topics relating to numbers
- ask and answer about likes and dislikes
- recognise and begin to write in hiragana, one of the Japanese scripts
- learn about, make, and eat Japanese food
- inquire into Japanese traditional and contemporary culture
This option runs for approximately 10 weeks. It will take place across one of the four terms in the school year.
Tertiary Lecturer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Probation Officer, Secondary School Teacher, Teacher Aide, Speech-Language Therapist, Flight Attendant, Tour Guide, Travel Agent/Adviser, Intelligence Officer, Counsellor, Court Registry Officer, Career Consultant, Minister of Religion, Trainer, Journalist, Interpreter, Musician, Technical Writer, Editor, Corrections Officer, Data Entry Operator/Transcriptionist, Foreign Policy Officer, Workplace Relations Adviser, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Importer/Exporter, Historian, Immigration Officer, Primary School Teacher, Kaiwhakaako Māori, Translator