Year 13 in 2022
|Year 13 in 2022|
All Year 13 students select six subjects, or five plus study or semester options (S1) (S2).
It is crucial that you give serious thought to your academic aims and select courses to suit. Involve your parents, tutor and teachers in your choice.
You can only study at NCEA Level 3 in a subject if you meet the ENTRY requirements. If you did not take a pathway course at Level 2, or achieved fewer than 14 credits in that course, you will need Head of Department approval. Otherwise you should consider studying at Level 2 again.
Different universities and tertiary institutions may have different entrance requirements, and within a university, different degree programmes may also have different entrance requirements. It is always advisable to contact the particular tertiary provider for confirmation.
- University Entrance (U.E.) is the minimum required by most tertiary institutions for degree entrance-level courses:
- U.E is gained by a combination of:
- Level 3 NCEA plus
- U.E. Literacy plus
- L1 Numeracy plus
- At least 14 credits in three approved L3 subjects.
- Students must see the Careers Advisor if they are in any doubt regarding the entrance requirements for particular University courses.
Academic Study is supervised study for Year 13 and Accelerate students only. You must have good attendance, a white shirt, and be enrolled in at least three subjects with external exams.
NB If you select Academic Study - Full Year, you cannot also choose Academic Study - Semester
Open to year 12 and 13 secondary school students who:
- are over 16 years old at the start of the paper,
- have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency,
- have NCEA Level 2 or above endorsed with merit or excellence, and
- have approval from Academic Tutor or Deputy Principal (Senior School)
Need additional help?
Check in with one of these contacts