Year 12 in 2021
English and Mathematics are recommended but are not compulsory.
Year 12 students study Level 2 in subjects they meet the pre-requisites for. Students need to be aware that moving up a level of study is not automatic. Prerequisites must be met to guarantee automatic entry. If you did not take a pathway course at Level 1, or achieved fewer than 14 credits in that course, you will need HOD approval
6 SUBJECT (Mainstream)
· All mainstream students study 6 subjects
Option 1. 5 periods
Option 2. 5 periods
Option 3. 5 periods
Option 4. 5 periods
Option 5. 5 periods
Option 6. 5 periods
· Study Te Reo Maori, plus five options.
Problems arise each year where students select inappropriate options and find after a month or so that they cannot cope. Please ensure that your choice of options is matched to your ability to achieve in that subject – ask your teachers if you are in doubt!
Need additional help?
* Ask your subject teacher or Form Teacher
* Ask the Head of Department
* Ask one of the Student Liaison staff: Ms Jones, Mr Meys, or Mrs Wallace-Boyd.
* Ask the year-group Tutor