Year 11 in 2021
English, Mathematics and at least one Science are compulsory
· Based your achievement up to the end of the year, you will be placed into an English course and a Mathematics course most suited to your ability.
· You must choose at least one Science* from Science, Chemistry and Physics, Biology, Agriculture & Horticulture, Electronics.
* you cannot choose both Science and Chemistry and Physics.
All Year 11 students will study 6 subjects.
English 5 periods
Mathematics 5 periods
a Science 5 Periods
Option 1. 5 periods
Option 2. 5 periods
Option 3. 5 periods
Problems arise each year where students select inappropriate options and find after a month or so that they cannot cope. Please ensure that your choice of options is matched to your ability to achieve in that subject – ask your teachers if you are in doubt!
Need additional help?
* Ask your subject teacher or Form Teacher
* Ask the Head of Department
* Ask one of the Student Liaison staff: Ms Jones, Mr Meys, or Mrs Wallace-Boyd.
* Ask the year-group Tutor.