Year 11 in 2020
English and Mathematics are compulsory
· Based your achievement up to the end of the year, you will be placed into an English course and a Mathematics course most suited to your ability.
· The difference between the courses is based on their method of assessment:
All Year 11 students will study 6 subjects.
· This means students will study a course of English, Mathematics and 4 other subjects.
English 5 periods
Mathematics 5 periods
Option 1 5 periods
Option 2 5 periods
Option 3 5 periods
Option 4 5 periods
arise each year where students select inappropriate options and find after a
month or so that they cannot cope. Please ensure that your choice of
options is matched to your ability to achieve in that subject – ask your
teachers if you are in doubt!
Need additional help?
* Ask your subject teacher or Form Teacher
* Ask the Head of Department
* Ask one of the Student Liaison staff: Mr Ebbett, Mr Meys, or Mrs Wallace-Boyd.
* Ask the year-group Tutor.