This course requires 2 options.
Accounting - Level 3
Teacher in Charge: A. Scholes
Accounting is the study of how we communicate financial information to businesses/organisations to help their decision-making.
• This course will promote knowledge and understanding of Accounting as a financial language for partnerships and companies, which may be service, trading or manufacturing businesses.
• Provides a foundation for any commercial study at a tertiary level – (BCom, BMS, BFin)
Demonstrate understanding of accounting for Partnerships.
- a step up from Level 2 in that there are two or more owners to account for.
Demonstrate understanding of a Job Cost Subsystem for an entity.
- manufacturing accounting. (What is the cost of making something)
Prepare a report for an external user that interprets the annual report of a New Zealand reporting entity.
- essentially giving advice to a potential investor in a company.
Demonstrate understanding of management accounting to inform decision making.
Demonstrate understanding of company Financial Statement preparation.
- this is the first insight into accounting for large companies that have shareholders.
Preparing for the exam.
If you did not take a pathway course at Level 2, or achieved fewer than 14 credits in that course, you will need HOD approval.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Term: 1, Week: 9
Term: 1, Week: 10
Term: 2, Week: 6
Term: 2, Week: 7
Term: 2, Week: 8
Term: 2, Week: 9
Term: 2, Week: 10
Term: 1, Week: 4
Term: 1, Week: 5
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
It is the policy of Tauranga Boys’ College to have school-wide policies that inform parents and students of the criteria for administering all Assessments for National Qualifications.